The Accounting Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing all accounting processes and procedures for the business to ensure the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements, and for directing all transactional accounting activities which include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Treasury, Fixed Assets, Tax and other general accounting functions. Ensures that financial reports are accurate and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). A key focus of this position is to implement Cantel policies and develop procedures to support business processes, while meeting established reporting deadlines. The Accounting Manager will partner with Senior Managers across all functional areas within the business as well as Corporate Financial Management.
- Leads the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close processes.
- Ensures that all that financial statements and reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that all monthly account reconciliations are performed accurately, completely, and on time.
- Manages all accounting operations for Belgium and Sri Lanka offices including – Revenue recognition, AR, AP, Payroll, General Accounting, Fixed Assets, Treasury, Intercompany Activities, Taxes and reporting.
- Responsible for the supervision of all accounting staff across locations.
- Responsible for the implementation of robust internal controls, monitoring compliance, and for the maintenance of adequate documentation.
- Manages the audit process and serves as the local Audit Leader. Supports and coordinates all internal and external audit activity.
- Implements process and procedural improvements to optimize the workflow and outcomes within the department.
- Expected to advise management immediately of any errors, irregularities, significant adjustments or journal entries impacting the financials as they occur.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent (Diploma)
- 6 – 10 years of experience in accounting and/or finance field
- Experience working at multinational company with a U.S. parent preferred
- Solid working knowledge of Belgium Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and exposure to U.S. GAAP
- Experience driving improvements in internal controls.
- Strong PC skills and experience with ERP systems
- Proficiency in Hyperion and Exact software solutions a plus
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English, French and Dutch
Success in this position requires the ability to build a strong partnership with the Director Finance - EMEA and Business Unit General Manager, with frequent communications between peers and management. These relationships must be built on respect, integrity, cooperation, teamwork and professionalism.
Why work for a Cantel Medical Company?
When you work for Cantel Medical, you make a difference in the lives of others. Our employees work in a dynamic environment that inspires innovation, caring and sustained achievements by individual employees and teams. We offer a wide variety of career opportunities that align with a diverse spectrum of medical related products from industrial, pharmaceuticals to medical devices to life sciences. Our products positively impact the health of millions of people worldwide.